In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), BW Residential Ltd have implemented this privacy notice to inform you, of the types of data we process about you. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your data, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your data for and your rights regarding your data.
This notice sets out how BW Residential Ltd handle the Personal Data of our clients, leaseholders/residents/tenants, suppliers and other third parties. It applies to all Personal Data we process regardless of the media on which that data is stored or whether it relates to past or present clients, leaseholders/residents/tenants, suppliers and other third parties.
- DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
- we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
- TYPES OF DATA HELD
We keep several categories of personal data in order to carry out effective and efficient processes. We keep some of this data in a paper file and we also hold the data within our computer systems.
Specifically, we hold the following types of data:
- personal details such as name, postal address, phone numbers, email address, date of birth
- Directors Date of birth/occupation/Nationality
- bank account details
- CCTV footage
- COLLECTING YOUR DATA
You provide data to us when we take you on as a new client or when you purchase a property in a block/development that we manage. In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as previous Managing Agents, Letting Agents or Freeholders.
Personal data is kept in files or within the Company’s IT systems.
- LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. In the main, we process your data in order to comply with a legal requirement. The information below categorises the types of data processing we undertake and the lawful basis we rely on.
|Activity requiring your data
|Carrying out Property management services
|Performance of a contract
|Dealing with legal claims made against us
|Our legitimate interests
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
Your failure to provide us with data may mean that we are unable to fulfil our legal requirements to you under our Management Agreement.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We may need to provide certain third party organisations with your information in order to provide our services. We will only provide them with the information they require and will only permit them to use the information for the required purpose only. We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law. We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do.
We may share your personal data with certain third party companies, including insurance companies/brokers and contractors for the purpose of completing contracts or seeking your requested quotations.
- PROTECTING YOUR DATA
The information that we collect from you may be stored on a server outside of the United Kingdom. We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse and have implemented processes to guard against such. Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to process payment details or provide you with property management services.
- RETENTION PERIODS
We only keep your data for as long as we need it for, which will be at least for the duration of our Management Agreement with you. In some cases we will keep your data for a period after the agreement has ended to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you:
- the right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it;
- the right of access to the data we hold on you.
- the right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected.
- the right to have data deleted in certain circumstances.
- the right to restrict the processing of the data;
- the right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party. This is also known as ‘portability’;
- the right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- the right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This means that we will stop processing your data.
- MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think your data rights have been breached, you are able to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner (ICO). You can contact the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
- DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE
Our appointed Compliance Officer in respect of our data protection activities is:
BW Residential Ltd
Unit 7 Chevron Business Park
Lime Kiln Lane
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 6th September 2021.